This page helps you with WiFi range setup. If you are experiencing any kind of issue when connected to extender, this guide will help your resolve it. Refer to the following sections for the wifi extender troubleshooting.
The Wi-Fi range extender are best known to boost your wireless network. You can easily get your device connected to enjoy seamless and extended wireless network. To boost your existing network, you will need to configure a range extender at your place. It lets you enjoy stable and reliable WiFi coverage throughout your place. Now, lets go ahead and check out some WiFi extender troubleshooting methods.
Where to place wifi Extender?
To receive stable and reliable WiFi signals, the placement of WiFi range extender is an important factor. It is important to place your wifi extender somewhere in the middle of your wireless router and the area with the low wifi signal range.
How to Set up a Range Extender?
After buying a range extender, the next step should be to install it. There are a certain steps that one should perform for the range extender setup.
- Place your range extender near to your WiFi router and plug it into a nearby electrical outlet.
- Turn ON your extender and let the power LED get stable. This will take at least 2 minutes.
- Connect your range extender to router to make sure there is a reliable internet network.
- For the next step, you need to get access to your preferred web browser.
- Type the default web address or ip address into the address bar of the browser.
- Provide the wifi extender login information.
- This will redirect you to the extender setup page where you can follow the on-screen prompts to connect your wifi extender to the existing wifi network.
- Now, you can unplug your extender and move it to your preferred location.
- You can test the range of your extender by moving the mobile phone to the area where you were facing poor signal signal strength.
WiFi Extender Troubleshooting
WiFi Extender Not Working
Your wifi extender could stop working due to number of reasons. Here are some of the steps that you can perform for troubleshooting wifi extender not working issue.
- Make sure the wifi extender and router are placed in a close proximity to each other.
- Connect your range extender to a power source properly. Make sure that the LED is stable.
- You could try using a different web browser if you are experiencing issue with the current one.
- Double check the web address and extender login credentials.
- It is recommended to use a wired connection to connect to the extender’s network as it is more fast, secure and reliable as compared to wireless connection.
- You can perform the wifi extender firmware update.
WiFi Extender Firmware Update
The best way to troubleshoot wifi extender is updating its firmware to latest version. Outdated firmware can give you hard time. Once you update the firmware, you will experience improvement in overall performance of your device.
- You need to visit the official website of your extender’s company to download and install a new and updated firmware file.
- Save the file on your computer
- Navigate to web page of wifi range extender.
- Log into extender login portal.
- You can update the wifi extender firmware under the ‘admin’ tab.
How to Reset WiFi Extender?
The most essential wifi extender troubleshooting method is resetting the device to its factory default settings.
- Begin by locating the ‘reset’ button on your wifi extender.
- Press and hold the reset button.
- You can use a sharp object to press the reset button.
- Release the button within two minutes.
- Or, when the LED change the behavior.
- The wifi extender will reboot.
If you need any more information on range extender setup, you can reach out to our technicians. Call our team to find out about wifi extender troubleshooting.