Things you need to Know Before installing Linksys Range Extender
• Active 2.4 GHz wireless network connection
• Wireless Network Name (SSID)
• Password or Security Key
Steps To Install Range Extender Via Setup CD
• Take Linksys extender setup CD and insert it into computer CD drive.
• Here, your computer needs to connect to the network router.
• Stay nearby your router or access point and also have an access to a PC.
• Once the setup utility gets started, click On the Next button.
• You will be asked to plug your Linksys range extender to AC power outlet.
• Next, your extender will search for wireless networks.
• You can see a list of network displayed on your computer screen.
• Pick the network, you wish to use and then Click on Next.
• Afterwards, type your network password and after that click on OK.
Steps to Setup Linksys Range Extender through a Wired Connection
• First check the wireless settings on the access point or a wireless router, which includes following points.
• Wireless channel
• Wireless network name (SSID)
• Wireless network key or passphrase
• Wireless security mode (WPA® / WPA2® Personal or WEP)
Connect Your PC to the Linksys Range Extender
• Take an Ethernet cable and connect your range extender to the computer. This will let you access the web-based setup page of the Linksys range extender.
• Open a web browser on your computer or a wireless device.
• Type 192.168.1.1 IP address into browser address bar.
• In next, login window leaves username field blank.
• Enter the password in the password field.
• Next, click on the Wireless and next Basic Wireless Settings.