If you are currently trying to find the answers to the question of “How do I connect my TP-Link extender?” I would like to congratulate first on making a great decision of picking up the TP-Link Range extenders which are the epitome of the range extension devices of the modern world. This is due to several reasons and features which are basically the driving force which make TP-Link devices perform as well as they do. These include the minimum TP-Link range extender problems, an easy TP-Link range extender setup process, a well documented TP-Link extender manual and the fact that rather powerful devices are installed fairly easily like the TP-Link range extender TL-WA860RE setup which can be ready to go in no time. Adding to these the many star features which are only seen in the best of range extenders provides the argument of the perfection of these devices by TP-Link.
Going back to the basics, to why needed the Range extenders in the first place, let’s talk about the dead zones. While they sound ominous, these are the areas in your house which receive absolutely zero to minimum Wireless connectivity. They can exist anywhere in the house depending upon the layout of the house, and the way the Wi-Fi device is setup in the area. Range extension devices, specifically the TP-Link Range Extenders, can find and eliminate these devices by extending the network to far reaching corners of the house post the TP-Link range extender setup. Along with their powerful and long range, these TP-Link devices are also house to some of the most premium features a range extension device should have. These include and are not limited to:
The Range extender devices by the TP-Link Corporation are powered with the IEEE standard of 802.11ac. This Wi-Fi standard are backwards compatible with almost all the previous wireless standards while at the same time provides unreal wireless speeds of Giga-level to the entire network .You would be astonished watching your everyday internet being streamed at the speeds you once thought would never be available to you. This would minimize lag or dropping internet connection for all your internet needs like gaming, video streaming and/or transferring large chunks of data at the same time.
TP-Link devices are managed easily using a single platform or a page which holds all the settings and monitoring abilities. With this page you can perform a TP-Link extender reset and address multiple TP-Link range extender problems by logging on 192.168.1.1 which is the web-based setup page of the range extender. You would also receive support for all your problems from the TP-Link experts themselves. Using a single app, you would also be able to perform the TP-Link extender setup process and use the same app to login and manage the said device remotely from any location in the world provided you are connected to the internet.
The TP-Link devices are known for their range and their fast data connectivity. This happens due to the availability of two bands which are 2.4GHz and the 5GHz. Since the 2.4GHz band can reach to the furthest of corners in your home, it will take care of all the dead zones and eliminate them effectively. The 5GHz band at the same time will enable the connected devices to reach high speeds unimaginable in any previous scenario by just completing a simple TP-Link extender setup.
Range extenders are difficult to setup due to one and only one reason; the fight to find the perfect location to place them. The TP-Link range extension device eliminates this issue by a single LED that allows the user to see, when it, that the range extender has found the optimum location is. This is revolutionary as before this, the range extenders asked for applications and software installed in phones and PC to find the perfect installation location and complete the TP-Link extender setup. This thoroughly decreases the overall time it takes to install a new Range extender device.
As mentioned before, the TP-Link range extender setup process is fairly easy. To complete the setup process, simply follow these steps mentioned below. These include:
- Step 1: Depending on your OS, download the TP-Link tether app that swiftly installs the Tp-Link Range Extender.
- Step 2: Open the wireless settings page of your mobile device. In that, look for the range extender network that is being broadcast by the TP-Link Range Extender.
- Step 3: Open the app you just downloaded, locate the range extender in the local device list or alternatively you can also complete the setup by connecting to the Wi-Fi network of the device and complete the TP-Link extender setup using the web browser of the device you’ve connected to it.
- Step 4: Create a device password to protect it from unauthorized logins.
- Step 5: A number of settings are needed to be applied to your device. The SSID for both the bands (2.4GHz and 5GHz) and passwords for the same are a few. You would also be asked to set up and connect to the SSIDs of your native network.
- Step 6: Next you would be asked to set the appropriate security for your devices. The security being either WPA2 personal or any other in that league. It is imperative that you do not let this setting be set up leniently as it will be the one keeping out unwanted visitors from your home network.
- Step 7: Enter the credentials for the available Wi-Fi network and you are ready to share the Internet connection of your home router.
- Step 8: Go through the settings of the router once more and save and apply the settings.
Your Wi-Fi repeater is ready for use.