Range extenders are the devices which act as a signal booster for your existing wireless network. Basically, they pick up the signal from your wireless router and repeat it to the maximum distance. You will not face any dead zone after installing a new range extender. Setting up a new wireless range extender is very easy. You just need to configure it with your existing wireless router. So in this article, we will explain you the process for new extender setup. We have mentioned a step-by-step configuration process below:
1. Hardware connection:
This is the very first stage in your new extender setup. You need to attach your devices with the cables to make a connection between them.
- Connect your range extender with the computer using an Ethernet cable.
- Plug the one end of the Ethernet cable into the wireless extender and another end into any LAN port of your computer.
- Now, plug the power adapter of your wireless range extender into the power source. Make sure you plug the range extender in the area where you previously experienced bad signal strength.
2. Log into range extender:
Before you proceed to the steps, you should know your range extender’s default IP address. To check the default IP address of your new wireless range extender, look for the wireless label card at the bottom of your range extender. Wireless network name of your range extender is also written there.
- Open a web browser on your computer that is connected to the range extender.
- Enter the default IP address into the address bar and click Go. You can also go to the official web address of your new extender.
- Now you will be directed to your new extender setup page from where you can set up your range extender.
3. New extender setup:
In this section, we will explain the main process in the setting up of the range extender.
- Once you access the setup page, you will see a tab named “Get Started”. Click on this tab.
- Select whether you want to configure 2.4 GHz or 5GHz wireless network and click Next.
- Now your new extender setup will take you to the wireless network settings. These settings include Network Name (SSID), the Network Key, and Security Type.
- Choose a network name according to you and assign a strong password to your range extender.
- Now you will be directed to the last page where you will see a tab named “Create extended network”. Click on this tab and your range extender will be set up.
In case, you are unable to configure your range extender, don’t worry; reset your range extender. Press and hold the reset button for a few seconds and then again follow the above-given instructions to set up your device successfully.
So in this article, we hope that you got to know about the process of a new extender setup.