If you have purchased a Netgear wifi extender and trying to install it, you can configure it with the help of a setup CD. In case you have lost the setup CD, even then you can go for Netgear wifi extender configuration. Now the question comes on how to setup Netgear wifi extender, we are providing you the steps required to configure your Netgear wifi extender without the need of a setup CD.
Before we discuss how to setup Netgear extender let’s have a look at the features of Netgear wifi extender.
- The Netgear wifi extenders have outstanding design and exceptional engineering in the home networking category.
- The Netgear extenders are designed to support the latest generation 802.11ac wifi technology with up to 1200 MB/s speed.
- They have 700mW high power amplifiers with a dual-core processor to enable ultimate range extension.
- They eliminate the dead zones and provide lag-free gaming experience and uninterrupted video streaming with the ultimate 802.11ac speed.
- The smart LED lights in the front guide you to an optimal location for best Wifi coverage.
How to setup Netgear wifi extender?
There are two ways you can set up your Netgear wifi extender. One is by using an Ethernet cable and other is without using an Ethernet cable.
Netgear wifi extender setup by using an Ethernet cable-
- First, you need to provide power supply to your extender. Wait for few seconds till the power LED turn green.
- Connect the Netgear wifi extender to your computer via an Ethernet cable.
- Launch a web browser and type http://myWiFiext.net in the address bar.
- Login to the web user interface of your Netgear wifi extender. You will be asked to enter your username and password. Your default login username is ‘admin’ and the default password is ‘password’.
- After you log in, go to setup and click on wireless settings. Check the password in the password field and if the password is not the same as your router password then change it to match.
- Click Apply and reconnect your wifi devices to the extender.
How to setup Netgear extender if you don’t have an Ethernet cable?
- First, you need to reset your Netgear wifi extender to default factory settings. You can do this by pressing the reset button on the side panel for 7 seconds.
- Start your computer and search for a wifi network with extension Netgear_Ext.
- If you can’t find the network then refresh the list. Once you find the network, connect with that network.
- Now you need to open a web browser and enter the Netgear extender login address which is http://myWiFiext.net in the address bar.
- You will be prompted to enter your login credentials, your default username is ‘admin’ and the default password is ‘password’.
- Once you fill your login credentials, you will be directed to the Netgear extender smart setup wizard and from there you can configure all the advanced settings for your extender.
These are the simple steps to set up your Netgear wifi extender without the use of a setup CD.
We hope we were able to answer your question “How to setup Netgear wifi extender?” however, if you find things a little tough then you can contact us by calling on our toll-free number and our experts will help you to set up your Netgear wifi extender.