The Netgear Nighthawk EX8000 X6S extender is designed to increase the whole-home Wi-Fi range with up to 1.7 Gbps speed to your wireless devices. This Tri-band range extender extends the range of your home network to cover all the dead zones. After Netgear nighthawk EX8000 extender setup, you can connect your Wi-Fi devices to your home network. Enjoy an expanded coverage in every corner of your place.
How to Setup Netgear Nighthawk EX8000?
You can connect the Netgear Nighthawk EX8000 extender to your existing Wi-Fi network. Complete the Netgear nighthawk X6S setup to make your device up and running within a few minutes.
You can connect Netgear Nighthawk EX8000 Extender in three ways:
- Web Interface using mywifiext.net login
- WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) method
- Nighthawk app from your mobile device
Netgear EX8000 Extender Setup manually via mywifiext.net login
You can open the nighthawk EX8000 extender login page via web address mywifiext.net to configure and install your device.
- Plug your Nighthawk EX8000 extender into the power outlet in the same room where your router is kept.
- Turn on your extender and wait for the LED to turn green.
- Connect the computer to the extender’s network.
- Enter mywifiext.net into the address bar of your newly opened internet browser.
- Provide the nighthawk EX8000 extender login details in the desired columns.
- The setup wizard will now display a list of available networks.
- Select your home wifi network from the list and connect to it using the wifi password of the router.
- If you have a dual-band router, select the 5 GHz network from the list and connect to it by entering the wifi password.
- You can configure the wireless settings of your extender.
- Enter the wifi network name and password for your Nighthawk X6S extender.
- Click ‘Save’ to apply the settings.
- You can move your extender to a new location.
Netgear Nighthawk EX8000 Extender Setup via WPS Method
You can use the WPS method to configure the Netgear Nighthawk EX8000 X6S extender. This method lets you connect to the home network without typing wifi network name and password.
- Place your Nighthawk extender nearby to your router.
- Plug your extender in a wall outlet. Turn it on.
- Wait for the extender to complete boot up. The power LED will turn to green.
- Press the WPS button on your nighthawk extender. The LED will blink white.
- Within two minutes, press the WPS button on your router.
- As extender connects to the wireless router, the LED will turn to solid white.
- Now, you can move your extender to a new location that is half way between your wifi router and the area with the slow wifi signal.
- Connect your Wi-Fi device to the extended network.
Netgear Nighthawk X6S Setup via Nighthawk APP
You can use the Nighthawk app to configure and set up the nighthawk EX8000 extender. Follow these simple steps to understand how to setup Netgear nighthawk EX8000 extender.
- Connect your router to the internet.
- Now, turn on your Nighthawk EX8000 extender.
- Download and install the nighthawk app.
- Open the nighthawk app and create a new account.
- Provide the necessary information for the nighthawk EX8000 extender login.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the Nighthawk X6S extender setup.
Nighthawk EX8000 extender troubleshooting
Follow these troubleshooting tips to resolve Nighthawk EX8000 extender issues.
- Ensure the nighthawk device is properly connected to the power outlet and receiving power.
- Check all the cable connections.
- Try logging in using 192.168.1.1.
- Power-cycle your Netgear extender.
- Perform the Nighthawk X6S extender firmware update.
- You can reset the Netgear nighthawk extender to resolve the issue.
This guide included info on how to setup Netgear nighthawk EX8000 extender. If you encounter any kind of issue, you can contact our technical experts and ask for their help.